This post is also available in: Deutsch (German)
Saison starts with Zwift
The start of the new season will inevitably begin with units from some Zwift training plan. Probably I will stay with “Build me up”. Even though cycling indoors is not comparable to driving outside. It’s entertaining. And because of the higher intensity of riding it’s also a good start into the season.
Two training camps
To be prepared for my two demanding highlights, I booked a training camp on Mallorca already in mid-March.
The trip to Ligurien in April serves as a challenging second training camp.
To prepare for the season’s highlights, I have so far only planned the ERZtaler in Hartha in May. A very nice RTF near Dresden with great tracks in Erzgebirge. Maybe the Zöttler Gold Race will be added. We will see.
The highlights of the season
End of June I will go by car to Brunico. The Tour Transalp starts there. It will end in Arco. On the following weekend, I’m off to Nice by plane for the second highlight of the season: L’Etape de Tour. I participate already in my third year.
The end of the season
The planned trip to Sierra Nevada at the end of September rounds off the 2020 cycling season.
I am looking forward to many eventful and hopefully accident-free racing bike kilometres in 2020.
So that’s it. The planning for 2020 is done.
The dates 2020 in the overview
- 14 to 22 March: Training camp in Mallorca with Hürzeler
- 18 to 25 April: Ligurien – Alpen der Ponente: Road bike trip with quäldich.de
- 16 May: ERZtaler in Kurort Hartha
- 21 to 27 Juni: Tour Transalp from Bruneck to Arco
- 5 July: L’Etape du Tour in Nice
- 16 August: Cyclassics in Hamburg
- 26 September to 6 October: Sierra Nevada Umrundung – Road bike trip with quäldich.de around and on the Pico del Veleta
- 1 May: Skoda Velotour, Eschborn
- 30/31 May: Zöttler Gold Race, Sonthofen
- 13./14. June: VeloCity Berlin
- 10 to 12 Juli: Erzgebirgstour, Annaberg-Buchholz
- 25 July: Rad am Ring at Nürburgring
- 9 August: Velorace, Dresden
- 23 August: Jedermann Deutschland Tour, Nürnberg
- 18 to 20 September: RiderMan, Bad Dürrheim